cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Issues with graphics (ghosting)

bjolin
1-Newbie

Issues with graphics (ghosting)

My screen is working terrible in mathcad. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing my screen to ghost up the way it does. Sometimes i click on a region then off of it and I get ghosting. I have a professional grade graphics card. Quaddro 4000. I don't have issues with Autocad or Inventor. Why mathcad? See images included.

Benoit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:bjolin)

It's an ancient bug that has never been fixed. Many people see this, including me. I find that scrolling the screen up and down a bit gets rid of it. It's annoying, but I guess I have just learned to live with it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hello,

What version of Mathcad are you using? Can you attach to the message (by using "Use advanced editor" menu) this worksheets that you showed above?

I am using version 15 of the software. Although you may find it interesting to know that I had the same issue on my old computer with version 14. Usually I can get the ghosting to go away by hitting page up then page down to somehow refresh the screen. I always work in the show regions mode. This ghost appears sometimes when I click and unclick a region, if I am moving it, ect. This is not an isolated incident. All the worksheets I work on do that. About the other thing you asked. I'm not sure what you are asking me to do. Please give me more details. You want another screenshot??

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Ben Jolin wrote:

...Please give me more details. You want another screenshot??...

I want to see the original Mathcad files, which are shown in the screenshots.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It's an ancient bug that has never been fixed. Many people see this, including me. I find that scrolling the screen up and down a bit gets rid of it. It's annoying, but I guess I have just learned to live with it.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

"Cntrl-R" is screen redraw. Usually fixes that when I get it.

bjolin
1-Newbie

Well thats dissapointing that they let a bug run that long. Doesn't look good on PTC. Thank you all for you help.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It's been so long I think it might actually be a Mathsoft bug. PTC didn't create it, they just haven't fixed it

Top Tags