cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Iterating a solve block, plotting results on graph

ptc-4390973
1-Newbie

Iterating a solve block, plotting results on graph

Hi again.

Continuing to work on my sheet that estimates the top speed of an aircraft in level flight. I would like to plot level speed against altitude, similar to this curve here for the real WW2-era P-51D fighter I am using to validate my model: http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/P-51D_15342_Level.jpg

For whatever reason (and I feel like a moron) I find the documentation for mathcad to be unclear. It's like it's skipping some fundamental step that I haven't learned yet. Same goes for most of the tutorials I find.

In any case, here is my question at the moment:

Should I iterate my solve block a few times, and then use a curve-fitting algorithm to get a nice graph? Is there an easier way to get a curve?

I'm not even sure if I'm approaching this the right way. I tried to follow this tutorial: http://www.imakenews.com/ptcexpress/e_article001008454.cfm?x=b11,0,w as an example but I keep getting tripped up. I could define altitude, horsepower, and weight as vectors below the solve block like the tutorial does, but some of the parameters above the block require these values as inputs.

Then I thought maybe I could use a "program" but I read that you can't put a Given statement into a program.

If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you change all the functions that are dependant on the height h to functions of xxx(h) .

Then the find function can also be crafted as a function of h.

It is then easier to use his to create vectors of functions of h that can be plotted, as attached file.

Hope this is usefull

regards

Andy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you change all the functions that are dependant on the height h to functions of xxx(h) .

Then the find function can also be crafted as a function of h.

It is then easier to use his to create vectors of functions of h that can be plotted, as attached file.

Hope this is usefull

regards

Andy

like this (per A Westerman)

Thank you both very much!

Top Tags