cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Iteration

ptc-4345283
1-Newbie

Iteration

Hi to all

Can any body review my uploaded file and see what is the error because this file hanging when i ask about last result

16 REPLIES 16

ahmad noureldin wrote:

Hi to all

Can any body review my uploaded file and see what is the error because this file hanging when i ask about last result

Not hanging but will be calculate for a long time - see the picture.

I know this problem. I calculate one point with a big sheet than I would like to plot a graph and change the sheet - I insert user functions - it was a:=... it is a(t):=... etc for example. All is OK for one point but calculate for a impossible time for a set of points. And I must to plot a grapf manual

One question - why do you not use units of temperature, concentration etc in your problem?

brine1.png

I have the answer in 10 min (when a have prepared the answer on your question).

brine2.png

Please use this vectors not functions for a graph plotting. The graph plotting with function needs a long long long time!

brineGraph.png

With units:

brineUnit.png

would u please write the algorithm or tell me how to make itteration

what i want is the final answer which is Q would be near intial guess and also T, I prefer to use numbers only and is that make a difference if ur equation is in the same dimension

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4345283)

Have you got a solution to this yet?

Mike

is that right

any method to make calculation go fast

Why are most of your functions written as porgrams?

the original post is written without program would you please revise it the target is gain Q equal to 60 at the most of concentrations and also Twater out aroud 1 C

anybody help me to convert this series calc to for and if loop

I recommend to you to look at this training on Mathcad Prime: "Mathcad Tutorials". I hope it will be useful.

no response ????????????????????????????????????

ahmad noureldin wrote:

no response ????????????????????????????????????

You're working in Prime. I'm working (mostly) in version 14/15. Prime is sitting on my home computer, but I have very little time to work on it there.

You have a very long and complicated sheet; it will be difficult and time-consuming to figure out what you're trying to do.

If you want more feedback/help:

• Put your work into version 14 or 15. This does several things:
    • You get a wider audience. (PTC is pushing Prime; but right now version 15 is a MUCH BETTER version for doing actual work. Prime will eventually catch up or a lot of people are going to be looking for other tools!)
    • The differences between Prime and 15 make understanding what you're trying to do even more difficult to sort out--we've got to leaarn the new editor/look while we try to follow your math.
  • Annotate your work. Explain the problem, what the variables are, what relationships exist.

Remember, help here is voluntary. Yell at me or make it hard to understand and I'll lose interest.

You have a very long and complicated sheet; it will be difficult and time-consuming to figure out what you're trying to do.

This is one of my biggest pet hates. People uploading large sheets and requesting forums members to trawl through the sheet to find the problem.

Remember, help here is voluntary. Yell at me or make it hard to understand and I'll lose interest

I have to agree again.

Have you not had your original request answered? How about breaking the worksheet down and asking for help on a specific section?

Mike

Mike Armstrong wrote:

...How about breaking the worksheet down and asking for help on a specific section?...

Mike

I agree with that.

Top Tags