cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Just a basic matrix multiplication error. Confused in using range of variables

dilraj
6-Contributor

Just a basic matrix multiplication error. Confused in using range of variables

11.jpgwhen i am using r=1 , it works good ( value of Vs) but i want to calculate for the range of values from 1 to 10. I already tried using in matrix form and semi colon form but still it is giving me error. Please help somebody22.jpg33.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

May by this help you

ri.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

May by this help you

ri.png

Hi,

You cannot confuse a range variable with a single column vector.  One can be indexed into (the vector) one cannot (the range variable).  In Mathcad 14/15 these used to be displayed differently.  In Prime they are not.

Prime 4.0 enclosed with a pdf  .

I'm afraid you're confused.

You cannot see the difference between a range variable and a vector variable, unless you've chosen to use different tags for them.The difference will become apparent upon indexing the variable and evaluating it:

LM_20170923_RangeVector.png

In Prime the options of tagging (labelling) variables are more limited than they used to be in Mathcad.

On the other hand, the difference between an index and a literal subscript is apparent in Prime upon selecting the expression. A grey [ is shown next to an index then.

LM_20170923_RangeVectorPrime.png

Success!

Luc

Top Tags