cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Keyboard shortcuts Mathcad prime

RV_9970184
5-Regular Member

Keyboard shortcuts Mathcad prime

Hello, 

i have a Belgium azerty keyboard and several shortcuts don't work. how can i change the shotcuts to resemble my keyboard?
I assume that in the 10 years knowing about this problem it has been fixed! It has already been reported in 2011. I read Italian and German has the same problem.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-prime-1-0-bug-with-keyboard-shortcuts-with-Italian/m-p/291809

2 REPLIES 2

I am not aware that PTC would have "already" addressed this problem. So for now all you can do is to find out by trial and error which keystrokes results in the desired action and live with the fact, that some actions can't be triggered at all by a keyboard short when you use a foreign keyboard (even though the help may state otherwise). The problem with the missing ability to insert the exponentiation character ^ using an Italian keyboard as reported by Italian users is extremely severe in my opinion.

I agree that making keyboard shortcuts user customizable would solve a lot of that kind of problems, but I fear that PTC has no plans to implement this useful feature.

• Ctrl + Shift + ” the operator ”
  • Ctrl+M.
  • Shift+Spacebar adds columns.
  • Shift+Enter adds rows.
  • To insert a range with the default step of one, press the period key twice.
  • To specify the step of the range, use the comma key.
Top Tags