cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

LEGENDS in MathCad 15

Anousheh
6-Contributor

LEGENDS in MathCad 15

Hello,

Can we add Greek Letters in graph's legends?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Anousheh)

I was just about to edit my initial post as I tried it out and found myself, that the keyboard shortcuts do not work for legend label in traces.

Nevertheless copy and paste just worked for me there. You do not mark and copy the whole text region but only the letters in the region. You do not have access to other regions while you are in the format menu of the graph, so you have to copy what you want before you open that format menu. Alternatively you could use the title label field as a scratchpad, use the keyboard shortcuts there for the greek letters and copy from here to the legend label field after double clicking it.

I would guess that you could also copy your text from any wordprocessor file or directly from charmap (Windws-Start/run/charmap-Enter). Just tried it, it works (unfortunately you cannot change the font or size of the legend that way).

Good luck

WR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Can we add Greek Letters in graph's legends?

Yes, we can!

Unfortunately the palette does not work here, but you can

1) use the keyboard shortcut: type any letter and when the cursor blinks after that letter, press Ctrl-G. This changes the letter to the corresponding (sometimes you have to do trial and error work here) greek letter.

2) write what you want inserted in the label elsewhere in a text region (you can use the greek-palette here) and insert it in the label of the graph via copy & paste (ctrl-X / ctrl-V)

WR

Anousheh
6-Contributor
(To:rag)

Hello Winford,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried both methods. Unfortunately they don't work.

Control-G works in the title only.

Can you think of any other way?

Thanks,

Anousheh

rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

I was just about to edit my initial post as I tried it out and found myself, that the keyboard shortcuts do not work for legend label in traces.

Nevertheless copy and paste just worked for me there. You do not mark and copy the whole text region but only the letters in the region. You do not have access to other regions while you are in the format menu of the graph, so you have to copy what you want before you open that format menu. Alternatively you could use the title label field as a scratchpad, use the keyboard shortcuts there for the greek letters and copy from here to the legend label field after double clicking it.

I would guess that you could also copy your text from any wordprocessor file or directly from charmap (Windws-Start/run/charmap-Enter). Just tried it, it works (unfortunately you cannot change the font or size of the legend that way).

Good luck

WR

Anousheh
6-Contributor
(To:rag)

Thank you Winford.

I used the title label field as a scratchpad as per your suggestion. It works.

Thank you so much.

All the best,

Anousheh

Sometime I use PICTURES as variables names, legends etc

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_14/Chapter1rus/46.png

PS

the root of Russians letters is Greece letters

Top Tags