cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

LTI Network analysis with the incidence matrix method

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

LTI Network analysis with the incidence matrix method

Hi ALL,

To whom of interest:

analysis of a linear time-invariant electric network, with the incidence matrix method. However, something is not correct for me, see last photo (there is the sum of an integer number and an inductive admittance, that is the dimensions of both terms aren't the same). Where is the mistake?.MNA example.jpgMNA example1.jpg

MNA example2.jpgMNA example3.jpgMNA example4.jpgMNA example5.jpgMNA example6.jpgMNA example7.jpgSomething is missing here.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:-MFra-)

Sorry, I don't have access to Mathcad at the moment.  What's Rim1 - I can't see the definition in the pages you've shown?

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:StuartBruff)

Hi,
Rim is simply the acronym for Reduced incidence matrix. I'm sorry, two pages were missing, but a little while ago I added them.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

OK, thanks.   The first question is are you sure that the branch admittance matrix is correct?  It looks dimensionally incorrect, at first glance.

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,

surely, I was a bit hasty in defining the matrix, I needed it as a test. All the rest, however, is valid.  It is necessary to take into account the action of the transformer, ie it transforms the admittances of branches 1 and 2.

Regards

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Rim1 is defined at the top of page 5, using Aim1 defined on page 4.

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks, Luc.  I looked at at the pdf before MFra had fully updated it.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I made the necessary corrections (see attached file).

Since, opening the file with the extension .xmcd, the jpeg, or other types of images, are moved downwards in the file, I attach a pdf file to compare both files so as correct the above "defect" of Mathcad.

Top Tags