cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

License for MC14

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

License for MC14

I have been using MC14 for a while without any problems. But recently when I try to start it (it seems when I have not used it for a while), I get the message that no license file exists. Then I can go through the process of retrieving one over the net by entering my product code and using my PTC account username and pw (same as for the forum). Does anyone have suggestions for avoiding this in the future? (I have been unable to find where MC actually puts the license file on my computer).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am surprised that you can use your product code that often. I thought it would only be valid for one or two installations.

The license file is usually called license.dat and should be located in the installation directory of Mathcad under a subdirectory called "licenses".

So the full path most likely is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad14\licenses\license.dat"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I am surprised that you can use your product code that often. I thought it would only be valid for one or two installations.

The license file is usually called license.dat and should be located in the installation directory of Mathcad under a subdirectory called "licenses".

So the full path most likely is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad14\licenses\license.dat"

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

That is what I was afraid of - that using the product code only would work a limited number of times.

I did find the license file. I was in the directory you suggested but as a subdirectory under C:\Users...I copied it to the file you suggested and I hope this solves the problem.

As always, thanks.

You should sure make a backup of the license file an put it in a safe place.

Instead of manually copying you may consider (if copying does not work) to go into the new licensing procedure but instead of requesting a license file you chose the option to provide an existing file and tell the license manager where it is (you can provide it anywhere), It will copy it to the correct location.

If your current installation is working fine now and the license file is in C:\users\.... and not in the program directory, then C:\users\.... seems to be the correct location anyway.

Top Tags