cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Linear Interpolation from one column of a matrix

Eng_ReyD_497
8-Gravel

Linear Interpolation from one column of a matrix

Hi,

I have X & Y defined as two matrix variables, which I can do a linear interpolation between them...

How can I perform the same interpolation if I have X & Y in a combined matrix, ?

I am attaching the Mathcad file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Eng_ReyD_497)

You can use the 'column operator' to select/copy a column from a matrix, keyboard shortcut [Ctrl-Shft-C].

LucMeekes_0-1622754744205.png

See attached.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You can use the 'column operator' to select/copy a column from a matrix, keyboard shortcut [Ctrl-Shft-C].

LucMeekes_0-1622754744205.png

See attached.

Success!
Luc

Thanks @LucMeekes  

I wanted to perform interpolation within the matrix, not just splitting it into columns. However, I used your technique and built the next step of the actual interpolation and it works... Thanks a lot.
I just wanted to show you what I did with the interpolation itself in light of your help, which I assume is what you meant; unless you have a different approach just to learn from it ...

Thanks and all the best!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You did it correctly. If you don't want to break up the matrix, this:

LucMeekes_0-1622812468010.png

is the way to do what you want.

Note that I used ORIGIN in my example, and you've used it also. It is the safest way to point to the first element (or column or row) of an array.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags