cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Linking MathCAD sheets

ptc-5105545
1-Newbie

Linking MathCAD sheets

Is there an easy way to link mathcad sheets?

For example.. putting the inputs in a sheet and then having another sheet that does all the calculations with the inputs from the previous sheet.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

If the goal (my assumption that you have this goal) is to hide lenghty calculations / formulae, you can use collapsible areas (instead of referencing a mathcad sheet into another). Otherwise, please disregard my post.

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Can you elaborate more on what you are going to do

- reference a sheet to get variable values and function definition from there?

- create a link so the user of your sheet will automatically open a second sheet?

Maybe you can attach a sheet to show and demonstrate what you are after.

In main menu select "Insert" -> "Reference" and then choose your worksheet with prepared calculation:

Pic_1.PNG

Pic_2.PNG

One more picture:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_12/1_21_Reference.png

I tried this and it inserts a link that opens up the other sheet I wish to use, but is there away to transfer all the variables from on sheet to another doing something something similar to this and without having to copy paste the whole thing? I'm using M 15 by the way

Thanks

I'm using M 15 by the way

Good to know!

I'm not sure what you did. If you do what Valery and Vladimir suggested (inserting a reference), you would NOT create a link which OPENS another sheet but you would insert a reference which acts as if you would type at this position all what is found in the referenced sheet. What you demanded in your last post sounded as if thats exactly what you are looking for. Variables and functions defined in the referenced sheet are now available in the current sheet.

If you insert a hyperlink (as I have shown), clicking on it would just open the linked sheet (or avi or html or whatever) without further influencing the actual sheet.

Of course you can reference AND hyperlink a sheet it that seems to be necessary.

It would be a good idea to render more precisely what you are trying to do and probably post a sheet.

Maybe looking at this recent thread helps a bit: http://communities.ptc.com/message/210599#210599

It was not clear to me what Leopoldo means when he wants to "link MC sheets". Thats the reason I asked and outlined the two methods.

One of them was inserting references as you showed, the other would be to link the worksheets by placing hyperlinks. Hyperplinks are a handy feature (you are not limited to Mathcad sheets, you could also link to avi animations or whatever) of MC15 and below which are not available in Prime, though, and we don't know which version Leopoldo is using.

hyperlink.png

Top Tags