cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

List Box in MP3.0

vroon
4-Participant

List Box in MP3.0

I'm looking for MC14/15 "controls", especially the List Box control , in MP3.0. That easy validating tool from a prescribed options list which works so fine in MS Excel. In MC14/15 it wasn't a great tool because it couldn't keep your choice after opening the sheet again, but it was something . But now it will not be converted to MP3.0 from MC-files.

Has someone found a similar function in MP3.0? Or even a work around (program, script, etc.)? PTC is also kindly invited to react (is it or will it be developed?

Wish/Idea: as in Excel you should be able to define a part of a table and/or matrix for the validation list).

It is of course very much possible that his question is asked and answered before. It is hard to find in the MP3.0 Help Center (also less usefull than in MC11) or in these discussion-threads, so until now I have found nothing.

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:vroon)

Prime lacks a lot of features of Mathcad 15 and below. Scripted components is one of them. Neither are they t implemented in Prime nor anything comparable. Best thing about Prime is still that you get a copy of mathcad 15 for free if you buy it.

This degenartion of a fine piece of software is a very sad story.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:vroon)

In MC14/15 it wasn't a great tool because it couldn't keep your choice after opening the sheet again, but it was something.

It can be made to do that. See Saving the state of controls.zip

Has someone found a similar function in MP3.0? Or even a work around (program, script, etc.)? PTC is also kindly invited to react (is it or will it be developed?

MP is a crippled version of Mathcad, and nothing like this currently exists. In theory it will at some point, but at the current rate of development exactly when is anyone's guess.

My advice is to stay with MC15 for as long as you can.

See please the item 2 here http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1134

Top Tags