cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Listbox for Wideflange beam sizes

ptc-4260912
1-Newbie

Listbox for Wideflange beam sizes

Hello,

i am not sure what is wrong with the listbox that i am attaching. something is wrong with script. i am not done putting the beam sizes. please see attachment.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Dim MyList(1) creates 1 element array, increase the size to suit the number of strings that you have

Regards

Andy

Dim MyList(1) creates 1 element array

A 2 element array, MyList(0) and MyList(1)

Hello!

I have corrected your document. Pay attention on "Dim MyList (N)" .

Script.jpg

P.S. Below attached a file for version Mathcad 13.

Great . Thanks alot!

Thanks Vladamir!!!

The issue that i am having now is that there is no scroll bar with Listbox or textbox. is there a control in mathcad that will allow you to scroll down? if not i would like to be able to read the beam sizes in the attached excell sheet with the user being able to scroll down to the desired size. i will have this excel sheet on my harddrive. How can this be done? Thanks to all helpers!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4260912)

The issue that i am having now is that there is no scroll bar with Listbox or textbox.

Right click, Mathsoft Listbox Control Object, Properties, turn on the vertical scroll.

if not i would like to be able to read the beam sizes in the attached excell sheet with the user being able to scroll down to the desired size. i will have this excel sheet on my harddrive. How can this be done?

Reading the Excel sheet requires some programming in the script. That was already done in the worksheet with the listboxes that was giving you a problem. Figuring out why you can't load that worksheet (and then fixing the problem) is likely to be much less work that reprogramming everything. So, which version of Mathcad are you using, including service releases? If you go to help, about Mathcad, what does it say?

i have mathcad,version 14.0.0.163[ build 7012911152]

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4260912)

There have been multiple service releases for MC14. You need to install the latest service release.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

The latest release for the version of Mathcad 14 is the release M035. See also: "Mathcad 14.0 - M035 Release Notes": http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/98347/en/Mathcad_14_M035_RELNOTES.HTM

Top Tags