cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Log axis crossing

rmartin-2
1-Newbie

Log axis crossing

I have a log-log plot. The y-axis range is 0.01 to 1.0. The problem is that the x-axis is labeled at the TOP of the y-axis.

Is there a way (as there is in EXCEL) to change where the x-axis labels are placed (i.e. - I want the labels to be at the lowest y value (on log scale) of 0.01)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:rmartin-2)

Double-click on the plot, select the "X-Y Axes" tab on the resulting dialog (should be the default tab anyway), then change the "Axis Style" at the bottom of the tab to "Boxed".

Stuart

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Which version of Mathcad are you using and could you post an example worksheet.

version is Mathcad 15.0

I don't know how to add the example, but this is the plot.

x-y_plot.JPG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Click u'se advanced editor' and then you will have the option to attach files.

thank you...

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

How about the attached?

Thanks Mike. I preferred to keep log-log so changing y-axis to linear is 'last resort'.

StuartBruff gave me (07:22) instructions for log-log.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Robert Martin wrote:

Thanks Mike. I preferred to keep log-log so changing y-axis to linear is 'last resort'.

StuartBruff gave me (07:22) instructions for log-log.

Good at least you have your answer. I only mentioned that option to show there was another option

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Double-click on the plot, select the "X-Y Axes" tab on the resulting dialog (should be the default tab anyway), then change the "Axis Style" at the bottom of the tab to "Boxed".

Stuart

boxed.png

I don't know why, but the choices for axis are boxed, crossed, and none.

On my version 15, I get your picture with crossed; with boxed the x axis is at the bottom.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Removing the log scale from the Y-axis will also do the job.

In Mathcad 15 (and below) there is unfortunately no way to change the point of intersection of the two axis.

This point will normally be (0/0) or (if zero is not in the range shown) the values closest to zero.

In case of a log plot the 0 is exchanged for 1 and the point of intersection tries to be at (1/1).

In case of your plot the intersection point is (100/1).

I guess you may like the view when you change Axis Style from Crossed to Boxed:

1.png

Top Tags