cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Loop of Function

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Loop of Function

Dear all
I try to do loop but can't , please help as picture/file attachment.
Thank you

SPRstructur_0-1600926349404.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do.  Your time steps seem grossly spaced.  I don't have "real" Mathcad, only Prime Express, so I cannot program.  

I tried to implement what you did, printed the results as pdf.  (If you type the math expressions in "real" Mathcad they should work.)  You can't take a logarithm of zero, so the first element in each time vector was made very small.

See if this helps.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do.  Your time steps seem grossly spaced.  I don't have "real" Mathcad, only Prime Express, so I cannot program.  

I tried to implement what you did, printed the results as pdf.  (If you type the math expressions in "real" Mathcad they should work.)  You can't take a logarithm of zero, so the first element in each time vector was made very small.

See if this helps.

Thank  

SPRstructur_0-1601088324565.png

However I tried to do manual calculation It maybe corrected answer for comparing

Thank you

SPRstructur_0-1601089149494.png

This is what Fred suggested

Werner_E_0-1601109496066.png

You typed something different (especially you typed just index "i" instead of "i-1"twice.

Here is the sheet and screenshot with the results when you correct this:

Werner_E_1-1601109923729.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you all

Werner_E, yep that I mention above my first post error with formulas and second I modified formulas,

However now I got solution
Big Thank all

You almost had it!

One small modification:

FredKohlhepp_0-1601120762692.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SPRstructur)

As Fred indicated: It's not clear what you are trying to accomplish.

And I'm also limited wrt Prime: only Prime Express, so no programming.

Some observations:

1. By default arrays are indexed starting at 0, not at 1. That is why there is a leading 0 in the ti array (middle, bottom of the page). So all your ti(t) program does is replace the first value of t (1 day) with a value of 1 hour, and precede that element with a new element with a value of 0.

There is a global variable ORIGIN that sets the index of the first element. You can set it to either 0 or 1, but you can also use it in your program. Instead of  "for i e 1..nn-1" you could write "for i e ORIGIN..nn-1" if you meant to start at the beginning of the array.

2. Do you have more sophisticated plans with the function tj(t)? Otherwise it's better to just write tj:=t.

3. In the calculation of the initial value for DeltafR, you are taking the logarithm of the ratio of tj1 and ti1. Now tj1=3 days and ti1 is 0.042 days. Was this intended?

4. Now the error message says that you are indexing an array out of bounds. That is due to two reasons:

a.In the for loop you are assigning a new value to fppi[i-1. In the first pass, i-1=1 so you are assigning a value to fppi[1, to be equal to fppi[1-DeltafR[2. Now DeltafR[2 doesn't exist yet. I bet you meant to do:

fppi[i <- fppi[i-1  - DeltafR[i-1

b. the fact that you are indexing the ti array up to its length, because nn=rows(t). When indexing starts at 0, you can only index to rows()-1. There is a standard function for the last index of an array: last().

See if the attached helps. Especially if it delivers the right answer, when it delivers one... (I can't run it, but I can edit the program)

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes

it still error with my mathcad

SPRstructur_0-1601088980927.png

What you see when you just open the sheet is the last result before Luc saved the sheet. The error you see is because Luc uses the limited Prime express which does not allow to run programs (read the error message!)

You simply would have to recalculate the whole sheet (Ctrl-F9).

Here is what I see when I do after I corrected an index error (highlighted in yellow in the picture).

As I, too, don't really understand what you are trying to achieve I can't say if you get the results you expect.
I am also confused by the function t.i as it simply replaces/overwrites the first element of a vector by 1hr. Is this really what you want to be done?

Anyway I attach Lucs Prime 6 worksheet with the corrected index and a screenshot:

Werner_E_1-1601107574414.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Thanks Werner.

With Express I can edit an existing program, to a certain extent, but cannot run it.

Luc

Main problem was that SPRstructur did not try to recalculate the sheet (given from his screenshot).

Haven't followed the full thread but I noticed that the t.i function in your sheet differs from the original one.
Yours simply overwrites the first element with 1hr while the one in Freds sheet adds 1hr to the front and skips the last value. But neither variant would return Freds values with your sheet.
Didn't investigate further as it looks like SPRstructur is happy with the values of Freds sheet anyway.

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Thank you all

haha 😀😀😀 ....Werner_E, I have mistake with formulas 
Thank you all

Top Tags