Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost CD?

Lost CD?

I was able to get a response from PTC about a licensing issue - it's an odd process, but appears to have worked. Someone on here kindly referred me to the appropriate website (which I never would have found by myself!). Can someone help me now figure out how to get a disc replaced? I never got to install the Wavelet Toolbox, and now my disc is lost. How does PTC make us deal with this kind of issue? Ordinary contact channels appear closed.

Thank You Very Much!!!!!!!!

Patti

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Lost CD?

The key question is what "features" are listed in the licence file, that is, does the provided licence file list just "mathcad", or did they include "wavelets" as well (and any other of the extension packs). If you have the licence file for the pack, then getting hold of an old copy of the extension pack would be sufficient.

Since V14 the extension packs have been included as standard (certainly for Enterprise users) .

Philip

Thank you for the reply - I bought 2 discs from Academic Superstore (I'm a student) - one of Mathcad 14 and one of the Wavelet Extension Pak. The Extension Pak is the disk I need to replace. I assumed that since they sent a second disk, that had the code/license I needed, and I looked in the node-locked license PTC gave me for Mathcad and it says nothing about the Extension pak.

Patti 😞

Patti,

My comments were more related to Version 8 (the old Mathsoft way of doing the licences). They used the C: volume serial number as the key.

In V14 the licences for the extension packs use numbers! (e.g. 254 255 etc). They use the ethernet port's MAC number as the key.

Philip

Philip Oakley wrote:

Since V14 the extension packs have been included as standard (certainly for Enterprise users) .

Not for the single user license though. You need the CD.

Can anyone tell me how to get the lost expansion pak CD replaced? Maybe there is a .iso file I can download?

Sorry, but as far as I am aware (and I just checked the PTC site) the CD image is not available by download.

Right. I didn't really think so, but I guess I was looking for information as to how to get support for this problem from PTC. I haven't been able to figure out their system for getting support - and I can't find a telephone number of email for customer service. They don't seem to distinguish between standard pay-for technical support (e.g., how to use features) and customer support issues like this.

TIA,

Patti

Patti Sheaffer wrote:

I haven't been able to figure out their system for getting support

If you are a single used with no maintenance agreement it's simple. After 30 days you don't get any support.

Thanks. Wow. I can see moving to MathCad was a bad idea. Glad I only plunked down cash for the student edition. Well, maybe my lost disk will turn up somewhere.

Announcements