Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loto Statistics

Highlighted

Loto Statistics

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a small statistics problem. I'm tryin to figure out how to write a program in Mathcad 2000, that will analyze past lotto results and can generate numbers from the data for certain criteria. Any suggestions would much appreciated. This is a nice statistics problem, and yet it can have a slight payoff 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Loto Statistics

You may want to try an Monte-Carlo simulation. With this technique you could specify a range for each digit in the lotto sequence, forecast the the next digit using a probability distribution (start with a uniform distribution) run the sequence several times. By using different probability distribution(s) for the different digits in the sequence you could simulate all of the little nuances in the number selection. DO NOT use techniques like Linear Regression; The lotto game fails the assumption(s). In addition, please check the Mathcad samples directory, there is a worksheet dealing with the Lotto. Good luck and remember me when you are on your Yacht in the Bahammas .....
Announcements