cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

M14, 15 on Windows XP Pro stays resident

Ninetrees
1-Newbie

M14, 15 on Windows XP Pro stays resident

I recently developed a worksheet that is 6 pages long, but began printing as 7. I suspect that M15 got confused by the material on right-hand pages. But during my investigation, I discovered that M15 was staying resident after I closed it. So, after much tinkering (sigh), I removed Prime 2 and M15, and installed M14, which has not let me down this way in the past. (Another sigh.) However, now neither M14 nor M15 will clear from memory after I close them, even if all I do is start and end Mathcad, and do nothing else.

I did a forum search, thinking that there must be something here, but I have not gotten any hits.

Any thoughts? I am considering completely wiping the HD and starting over w a new install of XP Pro.

~R~

4 REPLIES 4
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:Ninetrees)

There was a memory leak in M14-m035 which I documented some time ago. I do not have 15, so I cannot help you there. Try deleting/unistalling all M15 file folders and re-boot before installing 14. My company stuck with M14m30 antil we can evaluate Prime 3 ... which originally said was going to have all of M15's functionality.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ELSID)

ElSid wrote:

...I do not have 15, so I cannot help you there...

You can test it on Mathcad 15 M010 trial version: http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=41685

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

VladimirN. wrote:

You can test it on Mathcad 15 M010 trial version: http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=41685

Yes, but my company is waiting for Prime to catch up to MathCAD 15 functionality . Originally, PTC said Prime 3 ... Until then, we are trying to consolidate files/sheets to make the transition easier.

My company is on subscription, so 15 is available, they just do not see the need, to upgrade at this time

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ELSID)

Yes, but my company is waiting for Prime to catch up to MathCAD 15 functionality . Originally, PTC said Prime 3 ... Until then, we are trying to consolidate files/sheets to make the transition easier.

That's looking a little optimistic now.

Mike

Top Tags