cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

M15 Refreshes my desktop

alanmardan
1-Newbie

M15 Refreshes my desktop

Hi All,

Since i installed M15, my desktop keeps refreshing it self automatically, every 2 - 3 minutes. I uninstalled the M15 and the problem disappeared, but as soon i installed M15 again problem came back and my desktop keeps refreshing exactly as when you right click on the mouse and press refresh.

It is very annoying and looking forward to hear a solution about it

Thanks

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is another thread that addresses this, I believe. I went thought this w PTC months ago. As soon as I installed M15 and M' (sorry , my shortcut for Mathcad Prime) this last time, I immediately went to the Control Panel and removed the extra software that PTC installs. I can't recall the names right now...wait...got it...

1. PTC Places
2. Mathcad PDSi viewable support.

and a 3rd that I can't recall right now...

These might be related to your problem. Removing all 3 certainly fixed mine.

~R~

BTW, Mike, thanks for the tip re the spell checker.

~R~

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:alanmardan)

Alan,

I have never heard of that happening before. What operating system do you have?

Mike

I use Windows 7, and been researching online for this problem and found out that a third party software causes it.

It is the mathcad 15 which does this as i have reinstalled it and the problem was back. there must be a plugin or small program in in M15 which causes this kind of problem

Regards

Alan

Alan,

Please contact technical support. Mathcad 15 includes a year of maintenance and technical support. You can log the issue at http://www.ptc.com/support/index.htm.

Mona

There is another thread that addresses this, I believe. I went thought this w PTC months ago. As soon as I installed M15 and M' (sorry , my shortcut for Mathcad Prime) this last time, I immediately went to the Control Panel and removed the extra software that PTC installs. I can't recall the names right now...wait...got it...

1. PTC Places
2. Mathcad PDSi viewable support.

and a 3rd that I can't recall right now...

These might be related to your problem. Removing all 3 certainly fixed mine.

~R~

BTW, Mike, thanks for the tip re the spell checker.

~R~

Rich,

Thank you very much, i just removed it and it seems to be solved now.

If you tend to remember the third one, the n please let me know.

Regards

Alan

Top Tags