cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

MATRIX UNITS WITH EXCEL COMPONENTS

Gabriel13
2-Guest

MATRIX UNITS WITH EXCEL COMPONENTS

Hi everyone, i would really appreciate if u could help me with this problem i have:

I'm trying to write the units in the output for an excel component, the thing is that when I do that, it doesn't show when i write the variable. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I watched a video where someone did the same and the units where there. I'm not able to do it anyway.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Gabriel13)

Your picture shows that your variable M does have a unit, namely 'J' for Joule.

What is there that doesn't work?

Did you expect that M would be presented with the unit 'tonnef * m' ?

You'll have to add those yourself. Mathcad standard presents values in SI units.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Gabriel13)

Your picture shows that your variable M does have a unit, namely 'J' for Joule.

What is there that doesn't work?

Did you expect that M would be presented with the unit 'tonnef * m' ?

You'll have to add those yourself. Mathcad standard presents values in SI units.

Success!
Luc

I shoul've specified that i didn't write the unit "J", and I do not know why it's there. What I'm trying to do is to give those numbers (which come from cells in the excel sheet) a unit. Just how is shown in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fazZImIEKNk.

thanks

You've got a large data set in Excel that's critical to your design. But you don't want to use that tool for your calculations. PTC Mathcad's Excel component was designed for exactly that problem. PTC Mathcad is the industry standard for engineering calculations because it saves you time, reduces

Hi,

If you watch the video closely in the output section an excel range is specified and this is the column of data without unit header.  Again in the video and in the excel output section the vector of selected excel cells is multiplied by the required units.

Cheers

Terry

Hi

The J is the standard unit Joule representing a standard unit by a standard distance that you entered as tonnef x m.  kNm is a practical unit for engineering purposes.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

hi, yes I've watched again, I did the same. So I went back to mathcad and tried to change the units in the matrix (M) and it worked... I might've been very distracted or stressed with that problem that it was just a waste of time...

I appreciate your answers, 

Thank you.

Gabriel13_0-1586139452662.png

Top Tags