cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

MAX from a Matrix in Prime.

ppal
17-Peridot

MAX from a Matrix in Prime.

Hi all

Matrix.png

How do I get the MAX  or Min Phasor from the above.

is the old mathcad version example - I am having difficulty with Prime though.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ppal)

Heres a one-line solution:

P.S.: I don't see why the method used in the Mathcad 15 version file frome here Vectors with Complex Numbers in Mathcad - PTC: Mathcad - Eng-Tips you had linked to should not work the very same way. After all its basically the same what Fred had shown above.

EDIT: Lets give it a try:

Bingo! Works the same way 😉

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

This is truly strange:

That is because the max function picks  the max real and max imaginary.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Seems like a bug to me.  You could build a "work around" by finding the index of the matrix of amplitudes.

Seems like a bug to me. 

Seems like that to me too, but it's documented to work that way in the help. So it's a feature that should be reclassified as a bug, and then removed

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks. Works as I want now.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Can you attach your Mathcad Prime worksheet to the message (by using "Use advanced editor")?Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:VladimirN)

I can attach it but it would be not much different to what FRED has shown above.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Heres a one-line solution:

P.S.: I don't see why the method used in the Mathcad 15 version file frome here Vectors with Complex Numbers in Mathcad - PTC: Mathcad - Eng-Tips you had linked to should not work the very same way. After all its basically the same what Fred had shown above.

EDIT: Lets give it a try:

Bingo! Works the same way 😉

Top Tags