cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

MC 15 mpl_exception

ptc-1299962
3-Visitor

MC 15 mpl_exception

I'm using MC15 m010. When I run the long program in the attached sheet I wind up with an mpl_exception error message.

None of my co-workers have ever run into an mpl_exception.

This same sheet runs fine using an excel sheet which only utilizes variables with the "1" subscript. The sheet was expanded to incorporate an additional "2" subscript set of data. The excel sheet is pretty small, 120KB or so

Is this a memory error?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Is this a memory error?

Possibly. We cannot reproduce the error because your sheet is incomplete and won't run without the data.

One thing could help in this situation: You assign the variable DCR:= a long routine and you use an inline evaluation (the equal sign at the uper right of that region. Delet that equal sign and rather add DCR= after the assignement to show the result.

Hi,

Please attach to the message Excel's missing files in your worksheet.

Unfortunately I'm not able to attach the original excel files, maybe sometime in the future, but I was able to find the source of the error.

One of the lines in the excel data exploded one of the equations to infinity. I was able to rewrite the equation to avoid this. It' strange that this exception came up, but I think it must be memory related.

It was quite hard to track down the error because it didn't highlight the particular equation, only the whole set of equations.

Thanks.

Top Tags