cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MC15 Co-Sim with ANSYS Simplorer

eepower
2-Guest

MC15 Co-Sim with ANSYS Simplorer

Hello;

I am having an issue with not running a co-simulation between MathCAD15 (network license pool) and ANSYS Simplorer circuit program, in which the simulation hangs up after starting it. I have tried this on three different PC platforms with the same results. After installing a trial version of MC15 (local machine), the co-simulation works fine, I am assuming its an issue with the pinging the MC license over the networking.

Has anyone else resolved a similar type of issue?

Does PTC still sell a node-lock license for MC15?

Thanks,

Jon

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:eepower)

First off: I have no experience with Simplorer, so I looked it up to find information.

Ansys Simplorer is a funny beast, it is apparently not a product of Ansys. I could find only ONE page on the Ansys website that actually spells out 'simplorer': https://www.ansys.com/resource-library/brochure/ansys-simplorer. I had to use google to find that page.

The name does not occur in the list of Ansys products on the Ansys web site. Mathcad is only mentioned twice: in the brochure for Simplorer via that web site. No examples of actually using it are provided.

Does Ansys specify with which versions of Mathcad its Simplorer can co-simulate? I could not find it in the online brochure...

You say that it all works OK with a locally installed Mathcad 15 trial: Are you trying to co-simulate an Ansys Simplorer on your local machine with a Mathcad running on a remote machine?

Luc

Luc,

The ANSYS Simplorer program is on a network license. The only Mathcad file version that will co-sim is .mcd.

Jon

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hmm 'version .mcd' could mean anything from Mathcad 1 to Mathcad version 12, but not 13, 14 or 15 (since they primarily use .xmcd).

So what is co-simulation between Simplorer and Mathcad supposed to do? Does Simplorer read and interpret the Mathcad file, or does it communicate (inter-process) with Mathcad running/calculating a sheet and use the numerical results that Mathcad produces based on some input ?

Success!
Luc

Luc

Within Simplorer, you embed a MathCAD object interface, mapping input and output variable names between the two programs.

During the co-sim process, Simplorer will launch the Mathcad program.

Although the Simplorer help guild states a .xmcd can be used in the simulation, in fact it will only work with a .mcd extention file name. So you can use 13, 14 or 15, but only save it as a .mcd file.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

@eepower wrote:
"Within Simplorer, you embed a MathCAD object interface, mapping input and output variable names between the two programs.
During the co-sim process, Simplorer will launch the Mathcad program."

As far as I can tell, this means, rather implies, that Mathcad MUST be running on the very same machine that Ansys is running on. Are you sure that's the case with your 'network pool license' use of Mathcad?

I'm just asking because you say that with a trial version of Mc15, locally installed,  it will co-simulate.

Success!
Luc

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can find PTC's software reseller (to purchase a "Node-Locked" license) in your local region here: https://www.ptc.com/en/partners/find-your-partner

Top Tags