cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

MDO Results transfer to Mathcad

awaidmann-2
3-Visitor

MDO Results transfer to Mathcad

Hello everyone,

does anyone have an idea, how to push results calculated in CREO MDO to Mathcad, using the parameter transfer/engineering notebook functionality? I know, it is possible to transfer one value, but what, if the value change? E.g. an angle within a MDO Simulation or a resulatant force in a bearing in MDO.

Best thing would be, to transfer the different results and name them as X1, X2, X3,...

The workaround, to export the MDO results to Excel and import them into Mathcad is not the way I would like to use.

Thank you for any help.

Axel

4 REPLIES 4

You would need to use Behavioral Modeling (BMX) to accomplish this. If you create a feature from the MDO analysis, BMX will allow you to share its output with another feature further down the tree. Anytime you regenerate the model, the data will be updated and passed from MDO to Mathcad. If you wish to pass a group of results, have BMX conduct a DOE, or "Multi-Objective Design Study" (MODS) and you should be able to pass the group of results (although I'm not sure I've actually done this exact process before - passing an array of data).

Good Luck

Are you sure, it is possible to output an array from Creo 4 or newer to Mathcad Prime 5 or newer? Till now I only know the possibilitie to export a parameter from creo to Mathcad prime.

Sorry, forgot to write, this is a prime problem.

Good question - not sure. I have not tried any BMX connections to Prime, as I haven't used Prime much at all. Of course I've been asking PTC for 15 years now to pass entire arrays using BMX...not sure if they've done it with Prime, but I don't think so, recalling it was the Creo side of things that didn't have the underlying architecture to handle arrays.

Are you looking to calculate an entire array at one time to pass between them, or over a sequence of changes and passing the changes as an array?

I'm looking at diferent timesteps from a simulation in MDO (or maybe with BMW), or at different angles within two parts over a movement. It could also be done by snapshots, but if I export the parameter to Prime, change the situation and export the parameter again with a different value, the first value will be overwriten. I'm not sure, how and if it is possible to export one parameter more oftent and keep each value.

Thank you already now for your help!

Top Tags