cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Making text fonts default.

apitas
2-Guest

Making text fonts default.

I just loaded '2.0. As with '1.0 I like the look of the interface. I would like to make this my default docuementation app. But some very rudimentary things are missing.

I want to set my fonts once and then forget them. I want text and math to show in Palantion Linotype, 12 pt. I checked with the migration guide: Templates are not supported in 2.0. I checked the Knowledge Base: Set your text font once and future text will use the setting. That, at least is a start. In fact text blocks do not inherit the last text blocks font setting. I have to reset the font in each text block. Not only is a fundatmental function missing, but I can't trust the Knowledge Base to give me a correct answer. Ouch.

If I've missed something I hope someone can help me out. Otherwise, I will stick to 15.

4 REPLIES 4
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:apitas)

Hi Alan,

We don't have templates for Mathcad Prime 2.0, but are working on them for the next release. You can make your own template. Just create a worksheet with all the settings you want, and use it to start all new worksheets. Just be careful to do a Save As for each new worksheet with a new name.

To set all your text fonts Palatino Linotype 12 point, click in empty space in the worksheet, and go to the Formatting tab, and set the font and point size.

Then every future text box or text block will be in Palatino Linotype 12 point. By the way, Palatino is one of my favorite fonts.

Mathcad Prime 2.0 does not include the ability to format the font and size of your math. We're adding that capability to Mathcad Prime 3.0.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

It's very reassuring that the ability to modify math regions is being added in the next release of Prime - another small step on the right road 🙂

Mike

Mike Armstrong wrote:

...the ability to modify math regions is being added in the next release of Prime - another small step on the right road :-)...

Good morning Mona,

Thank you for the quick response and the clear description of how to set text fonts. Knowing I can get my questions answered in a timely fashion is a big reason to make the switch to Prime.

I assume that converting files to '2.0 will mean losing the font information for the math regions. If that's true, I will wait to convert my legacy data till '3.0 comes along.

Regards,

Alan

Top Tags