Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many many problems

Highlighted

Many many problems

When embedding mcad in excel, or vice versa, I get a range of errors from 'subscript out of range' (600 rows) to frequent freezes with subsequent restart all over agains. When programming it seems best to turn off autocalculation. This reduces the frequency of problems. All in all, I think these add in things are - at best - toys and not yet ready for prime time. The most problem free approach so far is to save some data as text and input the text as addin to mcad. Whenever excel is involved, it is more trouble than it is worth. Unfortunately, excel is where I am.
W.T. Gray
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Many many problems

Are you reading in using the Excel component? If not, try that. Also you can read in data from Excel using File Read/Write.
Highlighted

Many many problems

Yes I am. Now today I downloaded the new version of the addin for excel. I still had problems in mathcad reading data from exel using insert component, excel. Insert component, file seems to work just fine. Problems occurs with autocalc on and with large files. I routinely deal with single columns of 600+ numbers.
W.T. Gray
Highlighted

Many many problems

Can you send some of the files that you are having trouble with to the technical support group so they can help you out. Send them as attachments to support@mathsoft.com and describe the problem.

Mona
Announcements