cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Math formula formatting messed up (multiply operator and parens affected)

ptc-3168830
1-Newbie

Math formula formatting messed up (multiply operator and parens affected)

My installation of MathCAD 14 is messed up.

It used to work correctly, but now the multiplication symbol has turned into an empty square. I can't figure out how to restore it to normal. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MathCAD but it didn't change the behavior.

Also, a left-paren and right parent look normal when on just one line. But if I put parens around a fraction e.g. (3/4) I see a a bunch of empty boxes instead of the parentheses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Probably the symbol font is corrupted. Delete it from the Windows font folder and reinstall it. Double clicking on a good symbol.ttf should do the job.

Another possible candidate is the Unimath font which can be found on your Mathcad installation CD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Probably the symbol font is corrupted. Delete it from the Windows font folder and reinstall it. Double clicking on a good symbol.ttf should do the job.

Another possible candidate is the Unimath font which can be found on your Mathcad installation CD.

Thanks. That was the problem.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3168830)

As Werner says, the symbol font is corrupted. Delete symbol.ttf from the fonts folder and install a new copy (attached). Note that the font needs to be installed, simply copying the new file to the fonts folder is not enough.

Top Tags