cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

MathCAD 13 lsolve()

ptc-5044909
1-Newbie

MathCAD 13 lsolve()

Hi there,

I am working with multiple version of MathCAD (don't ask my why, I know it is stupid but I have no other choice) to construct some worksheets (version 13.1 and 14).

Now, in one worksheet I use the function 'lsolve()' to solve linear system of equations Ax=b. Where 'A' is an mxn matrix with m>n and 'b' is an 'mx1' matrix.

In MathCAD 14, the 'help' explains that, if the system of equations is inconsistent (e.g. if m>n) lsolve returns the least-squares solution of the system. In the help of MathCAD 13 this is not stated.

My question now is, what does lsolve() return in MathCAD 13 if the system of equations is inconsistent?

thx,

rubseveni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My question now is, what does lsolve() return in MathCAD 13 if the system of equations is inconsistent?

Probably the sasme thing. Mathcad help tends to be almost an after-thought, it gets changed if someone complains.

I suggest you give both version 13 and 14 the same problem and compare the results.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Probably the sasme thing. Mathcad help tends to be almost an after-thought, it gets changed if someone complains.

I suggest you give both version 13 and 14 the same problem and compare the results.

Are you experiencing differences in the result when you evaluate the same WS under MC13 and MC14?

I am not experiencing difficulties in the results under MC13-14 or 15

(sorry for the late reply)

Top Tags