cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

MathCAD 14.0 Student Version: One Computer Only?

mecestudent
1-Newbie

MathCAD 14.0 Student Version: One Computer Only?

I bought a copy of MathCAD 14.0 Student version last year and installed it on my desktop computer. This year, I want to install it on my new laptop I just got.

I installed MathCAD onto my laptop to find out that my limit for licenses (one) has been reached. Alright, that makes sense...one license per CD...so I uninstall MathCAD from my desktop and try again. Still same message.

So is MathCAD forever stuck on my desktop computer and can't be installed in a different computer/laptop? It makes sense to be only able to install MathCAD on one machine at a time, but I already uninstalled it from my desktop...what can't I use the license for my laptop?

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5

Henri Dor wrote:

I bought a copy of MathCAD 14.0 Student version last year and installed it on my desktop computer. This year, I want to install it on my new laptop I just got.

I installed MathCAD onto my laptop to find out that my limit for licenses (one) has been reached. Alright, that makes sense...one license per CD...so I uninstall MathCAD from my desktop and try again. Still same message.

So is MathCAD forever stuck on my desktop computer and can't be installed in a different computer/laptop? It makes sense to be only able to install MathCAD on one machine at a time, but I already uninstalled it from my desktop...what can't I use the license for my laptop?

Thanks for the help!

I had a similar problem with regular MathCad 14. It took some time before the PTC license server recognized that the old license had been "checked in" by removing MathCad from the old computer before the new computer could access a license.

Give it a day or two (maybe a business day?) and try again.

PTC is a beauracracy; it moves, but very s l o w l y!

PTC has no idea that you deleted Mathcad from your desktop. You have to call them to get a new license for the laptop.

Tom is correct. You can log your request at Mathcad Single User and Student Call Logger (Licensing and Installation)

Mona

How long does it take for PTC to respond to the new license request?

I have requested twice, once earlier in the week and once on Thursday. I remember reading that I should get a response within one business day. I still have not received any emails/response from PTC.

What steps should I take now? Thanks for the help.

the license will be generated on the bases of MAC ID in your system

so you have the surrounder the old license to PTC and you have get a new license for your laptop

if your are under warrenty it won't cost anything

Top Tags