cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

MathCAD 15 Client can't grab license from server.

ptc-4630158
1-Newbie

MathCAD 15 Client can't grab license from server.

We have a floating license set up on our server and in the LMTools program the status says 1 license availible.

There has been a rule added to the firewall on the server to open port 7788.

When configuring the client, I've tried using both the server name and the server IP address to no avail.

Whe also have an Autodesk Simulation license issued on another instance of LMTools on the same server. Would this be causing an issue?

What else might I try?

6 REPLIES 6

Have you talked th Mathcad Support directly?

TTFN

Our Support Subscription has expired since we bougth the product. I can't even access the how-to page.

I guess my main question is can teo installs of LmTools runs side-by-side?

When I reconfigured the MatchCAD linces I get the attached warning.Matchcad+Warning.png

@ptc-4630158 wrote:

I guess my main question is can teo installs of LmTools runs side-by-side?

When I reconfigured the MatchCAD linces I get the attached warning.Matchcad+Warning.png

Hi,

1.] I am sure that two FLEXnets can be installed on single machine (one for PTC product, one for Autodesk product).

2.] I guess that Mathcad 15 uses FLEXnet 10.8 which is represented by FLEXlm server for PTC service (please check this).

3.] FLEXlm server for PTC service uses two processes ... lmgrd.exe and ptc_d.exe (check whether both of them are running)

4.] I hope that FLEXnet installation for Mathcad 15 is the same as FLEXnet installation for ProE and it contains ptcstatus.bat in bin directory (please run ptcstatus.bat to check whether the license is ready to use)

5.] To open access to license from client side, I suggest to define two rules on the server.

Enable incoming communication for two processes ... lmgrd.exe and ptc_d.exe

Note: Enabling communication on port 7788 is not enough because there is another port used by ptc_d.exe process.

Martin Hanák
tgoldsmith
4-Participant
(To:IRstuff)

How is it possible to talk with anyone but a sales person at Mathcad.?

Top Tags