cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

MathCAD 15 install

BruceHilton
1-Newbie

MathCAD 15 install

Howdy... I just got around to downloading MathCAD 15. In attempting to do a trial install, a message popped up notifing me that it has found a MathCAD 14 install and is going to remove it...no choice, just remove it. My users prefer to hold on to older versions ( ..now down to just MC 14 ) so is there a way to have both MathCAD 15 & MathCAD 14 without the hassle of installing MC 15 which nukes a previous install of MC 14 then reinstalling MC14...?

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:BruceHilton)

I'm afraid this kind licensing crap is typical of PTC.

Here is what I agreed to w.r.t. the upgrade (which I haven't had time to install yet):

"Regarding Upgraded Use: If the Licensed Software was licensed as an upgrade from a
previous version, Customer must first be licensed for the Licensed Software identified by PTC
as eligible for the upgrade. After installing the upgrade, Licensed Software licensed as an
upgrade replaces and/or supplements the product that formed the basis of Customer’s
eligibility for the upgrade and Customer may no longer use the original Licensed Software that
formed the basis for Customer’s upgrade eligibility.
The undersigned certifies and agrees that they will, in accordance with the above, no
later than sixty (60) days after receipt of the upgrade, cease to use the software that
forms the basis of their eligibility for the upgrade, which are as set forth below, and
in no event will Customer use both the upgrade and the software that forms the
basis for the upgrade (except that, during the above 60-day period, Customer may
use the upgrade in a non-production environment to ensure its proper performance):"

So OK, it's an upgrade and we are supposed to remove MC14. AFTER 60 days. But it seems the installer forces you to remove it immediately! Like everyone else, I need to know MC15 actually works OK before I delete MC14.

Unbelieveable! At least, it would be if the company were any other than PTC.

angry.gif

Unfortunately Mathcad 14 and Mathcad 15 cannot run simultaneously on the same computer. You can reinstall Mathcad 14, if for some reason, you are unhappy with Mathcad 15.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

What about other versions of Mathcad? I guess I can just think of version 15 as a service release for version 14, but I cannot afford to have version 15 destroy my installation of version 11 or version 13 (especially version 11).

Okay... fine. MathCAD 14 & MathCAD 15 can not be run simultaneously on the same box. My concern is that I want both versions to exist on the same box... My folks have learned over the years that version changes in MathCAD can be a 'challenge' which is why many upgrade only after listening to other users horror stories. We will put this version out for test ... but it may be a 'non starter'...

Mathcad 15 only uninstalls Mathcad 14, due to some conflicts with other PTC products such as ProductPoint, which some users are using. It can coexist with Mathcad 13, 12, and 11.

When Mathcad Prime 1.0 releases, it will run simultateously with all those versions as well.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

OK. Thanks.

Top Tags