cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

MathCAD Express for an engineering office

ZB_9327968
1-Newbie

MathCAD Express for an engineering office

Hi everybody.

I started to work for a little engineering company. I think the "MathCAD Express" can help us a lot to calculate beams. My english is not perfect and I dont know what is legal with the express. Can a company legally use it for free?

Thank you for your answers.
Have a nice day.

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ZB_9327968)

As far as I know there are no restrictions in that respect. Anybody can use it for free and for lifetime.

Success!
Luc

tselvan
4-Participant
(To:ZB_9327968)

As per PTC article, it seems you can't..

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS177731

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tselvan)

There is no restriction placed here: http://support.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

where it says: "PTC Mathcad Express is free-for-life engineering calculation software. You get unlimited use of the most popular capabilities in PTC Mathcad Prime allowing you to solve, document, share and reuse vital calculations."

Your argument:

LucMeekes_0-1613638408035.png

Since I, an Express user, having no maintenance contract, can only read the question, not the answer, I can only assume that the answer is not important to me, so for me it's: YES, you can use Prime Express also for commercial purposes.

Luc

I would have thought the same as Luc; but the lawyers were thorough.  On page 7 (of 29) of the referenced document:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1613651539864.png

Mathcad Express is limited to usage for personal purposes, and may not be used to benefit any business or for any commercial purposes or for any business purposes.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Thorough... maybe. But clear: Certainly not!

If you go to this advertising page for Prime Express, there's no limitation to usage at all.

Luc

""Thorough... maybe. But clear: Certainly not!

That's what lawyers are for!  🙂

Pic-2.png

Top Tags