cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

MathCAD File Corrupted During Save

arivera-2
1-Newbie

MathCAD File Corrupted During Save

Hello all,

Hoping someone can help me save a hours of work by recovering someway somehow a file that froze while saving and now will not open. It was done in Mathcad Prime 3.0. It does have some screen grab graphics inserted into it.

4 REPLIES 4
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:arivera-2)

Unfortunately, it won't open in Prime 3.1 either.  Even more unfortunately, PTC chose *not* to continue along the Mathcad 15 plain xml route and have encoded (compressed) the file.   This is a pity as I have a Mathcad 15 worksheet that will read many corrupted xmcd files and often allow recovery around the corrupted regions.   But I can't help in this case as I can't read the mcdx format.   Sorry.

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you for giving it a try. Fortunately I work off a server, and my IT department was able to pull a copy from yesterday and I only lost a days work. It is a shame about what you said though, some people don't have the luxury of working on a server.

Thanks again

Andrew

Normally you can rename an *.mcdx file to *.zip and look at the files in the archive.

I used to do so to delete the the result.xml file in the archive which makes the file smaller and forces a recalculation when the sheet is opened next time.

Also I sometimes deleted some personal information which Prime puts in the file \docProps\core.xml without asking me for permission.

After I made the modifications I rezip it an rename it to mcdx again.

But unfortunately with file here I get an error when I try to open the renamed (zip) file  being told the file is corrupted.

So maybe a decent zip repair program can help to create a valid zip file (not at hand at the moment).

When I opening this worksheet in Mathcad Prime 3.1 version have a error - "This type of the file isn't supported".

Top Tags