cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

MathCAD Prime 1.0 and PDESolve

WalterSchrabmai
7-Bedrock

MathCAD Prime 1.0 and PDESolve

HI Friends,

I have read in the Manual of MC Prime 1.0 that PDESolve is not working anymore.

Does anyone have any advices to this serious Problem? PDESolve is very important for math.

Thanks for answering.

Walter

4 REPLIES 4

I have read in the Manual of MC Prime 1.0 that PDESolve is not working anymore.

A number of things have not been implemented in Prime 1.0

Does anyone have any advices to this serious Problem?

Wait until Prime 2.0?

As near as I can tell, PDEsolve was introduced with Mathcad 11 -- it was not mentioned in the Mathcad 2001i manual. I haven't used PDEsolve before now, but I see that Mathcad 15 has a nice quicksheet on it.

Prioritize the feature and lobby PTC, that's all I can think of. PDEsolve's importance as a missing Mathcad 15 feature should dictate how soon PDEsolve makes it into Mathcad Prime. Not everything we want will make it into 2.0.

This question keeps coming up (not only about the PDESolve, but also other functionality as Richard indicated). We realize that Mathcad Prime 1.0 does not have everything Mathcad 15.0 has (hopefully you will find that it does offer some advantages). Therefore Mathcad Prime 1.0 may not be a replacement for Mathcad 15.0. We expect that the release of Mathcad Prime 3.0 users will be able to retire Mathcad 15.0 and migrate to Mathcad Prime.

In the meantime, Mathcad 15.0 is a fully supported product.

Specifically for the PDE capability, Mathcad Prime 1.0 supports numol, but not the PDE solve block.

I aslo agree that with Roger's comment: let us know how important it is.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jkucan)

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Top Tags