cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

MathCAD Prime 2.0 does not print Math areas or graphs

pantensteiner
1-Newbie

MathCAD Prime 2.0 does not print Math areas or graphs

OK, help files are going to come soon, but I have started to use the program for nice simple calculations together with explanations very similar to working on a Word report, but with actual Math capability. It looks good and all on the computer in the program, but when I tried to print the pages, I got truncated graphs and placeholders instead of a formula or nothing at all (blank space where a simple formula is on the screen).

What am I doing wrong? I looked for anything to adjust or change, but did not find anything. Printing to PDF does also not seem to be an option...

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Peter,

I suggest you upgrade your printer driver. That may be causing your problem.

1. Go to Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the printer you want to update, and then click Printer properties.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Click New Driver, and then follow the instructions in the Add Printer Driver wizard.

Mona

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Can you upload a worksheet so that we can try?

Alan

Here the file I just tried to print. Let me know, if it works for you.

Thanks,

Peter

It seems to print ok for me - see pdf version attached (printed with the freely available PDF995).

Alan

Very good, Alan. I've got the PDF going now. All is good.

Thanks

Peter

I've just printed off a hardcopy version as well, just to be sure. The file is fine.

Alan

Not so much luck in this arena, still no acceptable printing result. Since you had no problem at all, something weird is going on here...

However, I can convert to PDF and then print that. That works too.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter,

I suggest you upgrade your printer driver. That may be causing your problem.

1. Go to Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the printer you want to update, and then click Printer properties.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Click New Driver, and then follow the instructions in the Add Printer Driver wizard.

Mona

Hi Mona,

my company IT support staff updated the driver for the network printer, and now I can see all the formulas printed.

Problem solved. Thanks,

Peter

Top Tags