cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

MathCAD Prime 3.1 no longer starts up.

shartwell
1-Newbie

MathCAD Prime 3.1 no longer starts up.

I had MathCAD 3.0 installed and working. When it stopped doing so I updated to 3.1 but the problem persists. The program starts up, displays the splash screen for ages and then dies. Windows reports that the program is not working and my .NET debugger reports that there was an unhandled exception but doesn't tell me what it is. It is obviously fairly likely to be caused by a change in my software environment which unfortunately I have very little control over as the company's IT policy require it to be almost completely locked down. Equally MathCAD ought to be at the very least trapping exceptions as part of good programming practise. Any ideas as to the cause of the problem or, even better, a fix?

7 REPLIES 7

Running it again I get the following crash information:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: MathcadPrime.exe

Application Version: 2.0.5534.20207

Application Timestamp: 54edf4af

Fault Module Name: clr.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.6.1076.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 56d79ed4

Exception Code: 80131506

Exception Offset: 00000000004e339b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: f929

Additional Information 2: f929fe3d5d668e2d6c7209b70a54e57c

Additional Information 3: afee

Additional Information 4: afee80ffcb06dc2c807c54c97634a779

The exception code seems to be linked to problems with the .NET garbage collector.

Hi,

Please open a new Case for this issue here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

I would but access is denied.

Hi,

you can contact your VAR, who sold you Mathcad.

MH

Martin Hanák

IT department can help?

Clr.dll it's part of NET framework. Maybe better than try to repair mathcad try to contact IT department or microsoft service.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:shartwell)

Mathcad does trap exceptions. However, nobody can think of every possible problem, so sometimes they are not trapped. That is, by definition, an unhandled exception.

If your IT department locks everything down on your PC then they should fix this.

Top Tags