cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

MathCAD -Transfering a License Server from Win xp to Server 2008R2 64bits

ptc-5003493
1-Newbie

MathCAD -Transfering a License Server from Win xp to Server 2008R2 64bits

Hello all, i am new here and struggling to get this transfered.

My current setup was MathCAD 14 on uses workstation with a Floating license install on a Windows XP .

I decided to move this to an official license server running Windows Server 2008R2 64bits. I contacted PTC License management to generate me a new floating license with my new info which they did.

I tried to install the PTC License Server with WildFire 5.0 ( M050) but i am never poped the question to browse to my license file. When the installation completes it only seems to have copied the install files here : C:\Program Files\ptc_custom

The deamon - lmgrd.exe are no where to be found.

I presently have LMTools running other licenses on this server so i decided to configure a new one for MathCAD. I open LMTools go under Config Services and createa new one. I copied the old deamon from the other machine ( ptcd_exe ) and used another lmgrd file from another application. All gets created ok but the Windows service one created does not want to stay '' Started '' and closes after 5seconds.

I know this sound like a weird way to get it working but i'm new to this and think should not be that complicated.

Please help 😉

Jason

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, Jason

Try to contact with PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center":

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

http://blogs.ptc.com/2011/09/22/how-to-use-the-brand-new-online-mathcad-support-center/

P.S. Please find "PTC License Server" in Mathcad 15 M020 trial installation pack:

Pic_1.PNG

But my clients are using the MathCAD 14 version.. why would I install the PTC License Server for version 15 ? Will it stll work with the 14 clients ?

Jason

Wowo thanks a million this worked perfect

Jason

No problem.

Jason Murphy wrote:

..Will it stll work with the 14 clients?...

Yes.

perfect for me. Good idea ! exellent job VlaD.  Thx a lot !

Top Tags