cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

MathCAD exponential functions

ML_9632709
5-Regular Member

MathCAD exponential functions

Hi all,

I have a slight problem with my code.

I have highlighted and explained the flow as well as i can. Please let me know if further clarification is required. The .mcd file is also attached for your reference.

My question: When I look at the values of U_n and PTCU_n, the values seem to keep increasing indefinitely. In theory, PTCU_n should stabilize at 75% when tn_n reaches 6xRTC and not increase any further. I am not sure where I am going wrong.

Thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

ML_9632709_0-1608582117471.png

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ML_9632709)

Does this make sense?

LucMeekes_0-1608585061540.png

I reduced the scale of PTCU by a factor of 100, to make it fit on the same scale as the others.

Note that your construct:

LucMeekes_1-1608585152627.png

is reduced by me to

LucMeekes_3-1608585257472.png

because the two surrounding expressions are not assigning anything.

Success!

Luc

ML_9632709
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks for your response, Luc.

A clarification: The square waveform generator section is designed that way because I am modelling a motor inrush. Hence the two equations surrounding a<--a+1 are to define the spike in current during a motor start.

That aside, this certainly polishes my graph by a lot.

However, the exponential function (U_n) and thereby the PTCU_n function still does not settle at 75%. I am not sure why. With my hand calculation, the model yields the desired answer. But, with my code, it never seems to settle.

Do you think changing the exp to a log function might help?

Thank you, again!

Top Tags