Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MathCAD licensing error

SOLVED
ptc-4410844

MathCAD licensing error

To Whom it may concern:

Hello everyone, can anybody help me about this this little concern.

Even though all the client PCs along the network is already shutted down,

my MATHCAD software cannot obtain a valid license (Floating License),

it says License reached number of users.

Thank You,

Rizford

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MathCAD licensing error

Unfortunately shutting down a PC does not necessarily mean that the license is put back - especially if the PC is shut down without closing Mathcad.

One other thing which could be the cause is that one ore more clients could have borrowed a license. This give them the ability to run mathcad without having acces to the license server. I can't look for it at the moment, but I think a license can be borrowed for up to two or three weeks. In Prime, I think I can remember, you have no choice, the license is borrowed for two weeks unless you put it back sooner manually.

So unless there is some problem with your license and/or license server this could be the cause.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately shutting down a PC does not necessarily mean that the license is put back - especially if the PC is shut down without closing Mathcad.

One other thing which could be the cause is that one ore more clients could have borrowed a license. This give them the ability to run mathcad without having acces to the license server. I can't look for it at the moment, but I think a license can be borrowed for up to two or three weeks. In Prime, I think I can remember, you have no choice, the license is borrowed for two weeks unless you put it back sooner manually.

So unless there is some problem with your license and/or license server this could be the cause.

View solution in original post

Thanks Werner for the reply, i will try to check if these client PCs has accidentally borrowed a license.

Thank You,

Rizford

In Prime, I think I can remember, you have no choice, the license is borrowed for two weeks unless you put it back sooner manually.

Correction: In Prime the default time is one week only and I don't know of a way to change that.

@Rizford: Did you solve your problem?

Hi Rizford,

Try to change in the program file "ptc.opt" (it is located at the following path: "C:\Flexlm\licensing") the default value for timeout "7200" to the time you want. You can open and edit this file by using "Notepad".

Pic_1.PNG

P.S. Just note that all PTC License Packs should be received as 2 separate emails, each with a single text file attachment. Either license file may be used to serve licenses to any PTC product with the restrictions listed below. The attachments are as follows:

Email 1 - lm_xxxx.txt - necessary for license borrowing .

Email 2 - lm_xxxx_standard.txt - license borrowing not supported and required for some older PTC products.

Thanks again i have solve the issue, its due because the user accidentally hit the borrow button.

Thanks also to Vladimir for the additional info.

Regards,

Rizford

You're welcome.

Many Mathcad users do so in Russia.
First, honestly buy Mathcad for $ 1,000-2,000 (30-60 thousand Rub), put it on your PC and... have big problems with the license (see above)..

Then these users download from Internet a pirated version of Mathcad and replace it legal version. And there is no problem with license

Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."