cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

MathCAD producing "internal error" in programming block.

ptc-6081993
1-Newbie

MathCAD producing "internal error" in programming block.

I have MathCAD 15 (M030 [MC15_M030_20131216]) running on a 64 bit Windows 7 laptop with 8gb of RAM and an Intel Core i3 processor. When I run programs that reach a certain length, the whole block turns into a blue mesh. It still works, and the subsequent calculations are good, but I am unable to edit the block. It was discovered earlier today that I could get rid of it by pressing pg up or pg dn (not by scrolling), but it returns again. I've been able to perfectly run the code on every other computer I've tried it on. I've included a screen shot of how it looks and have attached the worksheet. Thanks in advance for any help.

mathcad.png

6 REPLIES 6

It runs ok for me: MC15 (F000) 64 bit Windows 7 laptop. No blue mesh.

Alan

The same for me with no problem on:

* Win7 32-bit MC15 M030,

* Win7 63-bit MC15 F000.

I resave your worksheet in Mathcad 15 M030 it may help you.

Thanks for your help everyone. The weird thing is I changed the document slightly before I uploaded it, it just had a heading for my class and all the subscripts of h were originally my intials, dws. It works for me since I've changed it. I tried the changes one at a time and replacing all the subscripts in that document seems to fix it. That just seems really strange to me. And I'm able to confirm that making those changes fixed other documents as well. Does anyone know why this might be?

. Does anyone know why this might be?

Guess no, until you are able to post a sheet which shows that error.

Here's the original file that's giving me problems. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to repeat the error on any other computers. A friend of mine was able to run it flawlessly on his laptop with less RAM (4gb) and a less powerful processor. However, he was using MathCAD 14. Also, it seems to work fine when I convert the worksheet to work with Prime 3, and run it on Prime 3 on my computer.

I can only confirm that that file works w/o problems using the current MC15 M030, Win XP and just 1GB of RAM 😉

Top Tags