cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MathCAD sheet chaos

gbarclay
1-Newbie

MathCAD sheet chaos

Been using Mathcad for 8 years.  First version 13 and now 14.  Throughout the  years, I have had a problem with the software....sometime when I print, it would "short sheet" me, i.e., it would make one or two sheet divisions shorter than all the others which meant I would have to rearrange every sheet, leaving out the short sheeted sheet.  Something different happened today that is similar, but it went in the opposite direction, it made all the sheets longer than normal.  I should have posted this a long time ago, but I have grown weary after this "new" issue today.  Has anyone ever had this problem and do you know how to keep it from happening.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:gbarclay)

This sounds like it has more to do with your printer settings than Mathcad, although it would be worth checking "File", "Page Setup".

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Are you aware of the "Repaginate Now" function under "Format"?  This will show you where Mathcad is going to put the automatic page breaks to avoid breaking a page in the middle of a region.  Note that even the regions outside the printed view (when only printing a single page width) will affect the page breaks.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:MJG)

I'll also add that do not really like the way Mathcad adjusts the page breaks.  Therefore, when I lay out my calculations, I always make sure to leave a gap so that nothing is touching the original page breaks.  That way, when I run "Repaginate Now", the page breaks do not move.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

You had better, to add the page number according to the following procedure in pictures. Then repaginate.

For printing of significant size worksheets, disables the automatic calculation, otherwise it blocks everything.

Then, using the print preview, check whether the layout is fine, otherwise you exit the print preview and make

the necessary adjustments. Do, again, the print preview and check the layout, finally, start printing.

Bye

FM

page number.jpg

Top Tags