cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

MathCad Prime 3.0 Compatibility with Excel 2010

mjew
1-Newbie

MathCad Prime 3.0 Compatibility with Excel 2010

Is there a compatibility issue with embedding Excel worksheets in Prime 3.0?

When I open an existing Prime worksheet with Excel Component embedded (from previous session) I get the message "Excel is busy: can't calculate. Make sure that cells are not being edited in Excel and try again in a few seconds." even though no Excel files are open. I open & checked Windows Task Manager and no Excel process are running.

This just started when I was upgraded to the latest version of M/S Office.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi.

If in the task manager there are not an excel process, then you can't evaluate the excel component.

Try this: close all. Start microsoft excel with a blank worksheet. Then start mathcad, and see if the problem is solved.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:mjew)

Hi,

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/157658/en/Mathcad_Prime_Migration_Guide_en-US.pdf contains following information:

excel.png

My guess ... Mathcad worksheet "cannot find" Excel file.

MH

Martin Hanák
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Can you provide this worksheet?

mjew
1-Newbie
(To:VladimirN)

Attached snippet of Mathcad worksheet....Excel 2010 worksheet to input a block of data, no formulas nor calculations being performed, no other Excel worksheet is active. Rebooted computer and launched Mathcad worksheet only but did not resolve problem.

Never had this problem in Prime 3.0 and Excel 2007.

mjew
1-Newbie

This problem is intermittent i.e., have had success with several other Prime 3.0 worksheets and Excel 2010 before. The problem is just becoming more frequent.

Top Tags