cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

MathCad VB interface

ptc-5053189
1-Newbie

MathCad VB interface

Having experience in developing applications in Excel using VBA I would like to develop a user friendly GUI type of input window to enter all the relevant data into Mathcad. I have been searching for options, but have been unsuccessful. The option I eventually arrived at was to create an Excel object and then create an "Input" button in the object which then opens up the VBA userforms in a GUI fashion to input the data.

I have been applying this to a number of sheets making them very user friendly to use.

However, we are now experiencing an issue with a worksheet being shared between to users losing its link to the code making editing of the interface impossible. This is a major issue as the purpose of the MathCad models I am developing is to serve as templates to be used by different users on different machines. Losing the link when transferring the models between machines is an issue as the purpose is to reduce repetitive time and having to redo the programming then completely offsets the benefit.

What happens is that I set up the GUI in VBA on Excel on Windows 7. The other user is still using Windows XP. The GUI works fine, however, when going into the development mode and trying to access the code to change the Interface then results in the following window popping up.

PTC_VBA.JPG

Even trying to open the file on the original machine now resuts in the same error. The first thought was that this is because of transferring the files between different machines. This seems strange to me. In my logic the Object is embedded into Mathcad file and should transfer with the MathCad worksheet without any link to another reference. The other option is that the interface is lost due to different version of VBA between Windows XP and Windows 7 (We are both on the same version of Excel). If this is the case the solution is to upgrade everyone to the same Windows version. This does, however, raise the concern as to how to carry models over to newer versions of Windows. If this is a problem it poses a serious risk for future use and therefore the method is no longer an option.

My question therefore is two-fold. Has anyone got experience with doing this. Is there another way of doing such an interface in MathCad 15. If so, please elaborate. If not, has anyone else experienced the same problem or are we doing something wrong.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags