cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

MathCad is messing with me!

ptc-5767413
1-Newbie

MathCad is messing with me!

Hi guys

I need some help. During some inertia calculations MathCad desided to prank me and limit my keyboard input to: "a, s, d and f". I have been searching google and this site for answers but non seem apparent... please help me!

Thanks in advance, and best regards

Marck Andersen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to reinstall Mathcad 15.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You mean you can only type those four letters in any place in Mathcad, nothing else?

Doesn't look like a Mathcad problem but a defect keyboard - but then, how would you have typed that post.

That is my problem yes, and it is only with MathCad I'we got the problem, all other programs work just fine..

That sound really very strange and I don't have a clue what could cause that behaviour. And while I hardly can image this being a problem specific to a certain software the most obvious (and infationary) thing would be a reinstall. Another is calling PTC support.

Just for the records: does it affect only one specific worksheet or can't you type any oher letters in a newly created sheet, too? And then - what version of Mathcad?

What version of Mathcad and Windows OS are you using?

I am using MathCad 15 and I am running Windows 7 Pro

Try to reinstall Mathcad 15.

After a reinstall and a registry clean the problem is solved.

Thanks for all your help

Top Tags