cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MathML support

DaniBoy
5-Regular Member

MathML support

I am using Mathcad Prime 6.0 6.0.0.0

Any chance Mathcad will support MathML in the near future?

I would need this support in order to copy formulas from Mathcad to Adobe Framemaker vice versa.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DaniBoy)

Mathcad ( versions 11 through 15 certainly) support saving the sheet file in 'HTML/MathML' format.

This means that you can view it with your internet browser. And it might just serve to export from Mathcad to FrameMaker.

If you really need this, you should do your work in Mathcad 15 (Note that your Prime license allows you to install and use Mathcad 15 to its full power, on the same computer), rather that waiting until in some future version Prime functionality catches up with that of 'real' Mathcad; let alone surpass it...

As far as I'm aware none of the Mathcad versions, neither 'real' Mathcad nor any version of Prime, supports out of the box any form of import ( by reading or pasting ) of mathematical functions, other than them just being pictures...

Only for Mathcad 11 there exists a possibility to transform a mathematical expression into a flat text string, that you can copy (out) and paste (elsewhere), as well as the other way around. But I guess that's not the type of information transfer that you're looking for.

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Mathcad ( versions 11 through 15 certainly) support saving the sheet file in 'HTML/MathML' format.

This means that you can view it with your internet browser. And it might just serve to export from Mathcad to FrameMaker.

If you really need this, you should do your work in Mathcad 15 (Note that your Prime license allows you to install and use Mathcad 15 to its full power, on the same computer), rather that waiting until in some future version Prime functionality catches up with that of 'real' Mathcad; let alone surpass it...

As far as I'm aware none of the Mathcad versions, neither 'real' Mathcad nor any version of Prime, supports out of the box any form of import ( by reading or pasting ) of mathematical functions, other than them just being pictures...

Only for Mathcad 11 there exists a possibility to transform a mathematical expression into a flat text string, that you can copy (out) and paste (elsewhere), as well as the other way around. But I guess that's not the type of information transfer that you're looking for.

Success!

Luc

PatrickChin
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

If the default is file format is MathML, then DITA Arbortext should be able to integrate MathML.  One complete authoring solution in Windchill. 

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@DaniBoy wrote:
I am using Mathcad Prime 6.0 6.0.0.0

Any chance Mathcad will support MathML in the near future?

I would need this support in order to copy formulas from Mathcad to Adobe Framemaker vice versa.

Given that it's not PTC's Mathcad Roadmap, I doubt whether you'll see it in the near future (https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/PTC-Mathcad-Prime-Roadmap-2021-update/m-p/738684).  

MathML/Latex I/O has been on my Mathcad wishlist since before Prime 1.

See https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/paste-equation-from-word-in-ptc/m-p/774128/highlight/true#M199465 or https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-and-articles-for-Journals/m-p/442067/highlight/true#M176635

Stuart

Top Tags