cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 11 and Office 2010

MikeMcDermott
1-Newbie

Mathcad 11 and Office 2010

We have embedded Excel worksheets in our MC11 documents. The embedded files contain VBA code to help fill in data, perform colorization, error checking, etc. We're finding that we are having problems on systems using Office 2010. What happens is that when you open the sheet the first time, you can open the embedded excel file and edit it, but when you save the mathcad worksheet and open it again, you can no longer open the embedded Excel document from Mathcad. A popup comes up which says that there is not enough memory to perform the operation, even though there seems to be plenty of memory available.

The frustrating thing is that we wrote a lot of code for MC11, and none of the versions of Mathcad are as capable as, or compatable with MC11, so we can't upgrade to newer versions of Mathcad or Prime, but the rest of the software world is changing.

Anyone else experience this problem and/or have a solution?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately M11 is not fully compatible with Office 2010. The best thing you can do is run M11 on a machine with Office 2003.

Mike

We seem to have a solution to our problem. We had put an Excel named range to define the cells for Excel to pass to mathcad. Our macro looked at the data entered and adjusted the definition of the named range accordingly. When I changed this named range to a fixed range (i.e. B2:M16), it's now working w/ Office 2010. We made the range larger than the data we expect the user to enter, so we had to write some Mathcad code to strip off the empty rows from the matrix.

That's superb. Any chance of uploading the scripted component for collabs who have the same problem?

Mike

Mike Armstrong wrote:

...Any chance of uploading the scripted component for collabs who have the same problem?...

+1

Well, we are still having trouble with some Office 2010 users while others seem to be working fine.

Could you explain which issues you are having?

Mike

See my origional post.

I'm sure M11 isn't compatible with Office 2010, that's why your experiencing issues.

Mike

Top Tags