cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad 11 or Mathcad 14 running under Windows 7?

WolfgangIssel
1-Newbie

Mathcad 11 or Mathcad 14 running under Windows 7?

I am working very well with Mathcad 11 under WINDOWS XP SP 3 in the field of psycho-mathematics. As XP is no longer supported by Microsoft,

I will be forced to change operation system to WINDOWS 7. As I believe to know, Mathcad 11 will not run under WINDOWS 7. Does somebody know, if Mathcad 14 will run under WINDOWS 7 in real practice? I have used MC 14 with XP, but performance was poor (time for saving was much too long, ca. 1 minute).

Or are there other options for using Mathcad 11 from now? Or would it be better to change to Prime 3.0?

I heard, that Prime 3.0 does not allow taking videos from a FRAME variable, but I need this function for presentation.

Wolfgang Issel

7 REPLIES 7

I use Mathcad 14/15 with Win 7 - no problem!

With Win 8 - problems with 3D-plots.

Hallo, Valery,

thank You for Your quick answer. I will try my MC 14 with a new Windows 7 OS.

Greetings from Wolfgang

Wolfgang Issel wrote:

Hallo, Valery,

thank You for Your quick answer. I will try my MC 14 with a new Windows 7 OS.

Greetings from Wolfgang

You welcome.

I use Mathcad 15 and Prime 3.0 on my Tablet with Win 8.

PS

...in the field of psycho-mathematics.

Show please one sheet.

PSS

I will be in Germany (TU DRresden) with lectures 1-9 May 2014/

Herzlich Wilkommen!

Hallo Valery, really interested in "Psycho-Mathematics"? That's a very special but highly fascinating field. And very well connected to practise in real life. I could send you a Mathcad 11 sheet, for example the calculation of motivation, but in what way?

I just prepare a publication of "Basics of Psychomathematics" in the internet (in German). The calculations itself could only be shown directly in Mathcad 11.

Greetings from Wolfgang

I ad a win7 pro/32 bit PC that I had successfully installed MCD11 on. The original plan was to try the win7 install, and fall back to using the XP shell within win7 pro as plan B. The direct win7 install did indeed work. From what I remember of forum comments at that time (some years ago), this was a crap shoot; some users mangaed to install it OK, while others had myriad problems. I have never tried it on a win7/64-bit machine.

Good luck. MDC11 remains my favorite version; runs much faster than v15 for many of my sheets.

Lou

Wolfgang Issel wrote:

Hallo Valery, really interested in "Psycho-Mathematics"? That's a very special but highly fascinating field. And very well connected to practise in real life. I could send you a Mathcad 11 sheet, for example the calculation of motivation, but in what way?

Thanks - OchkovVF@mpei.ru

I have helped one my freundin to do a dissertation with Mathcad (or BASIC?) in the field of Psycho (one statistic).

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:WolfgangIssel)

Hi Wolfgang,

see http://communities.ptc.com/message/206558#206558 for possibly an alternative route.

Success!

Luc

Top Tags