cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad 12 on XP Pro - All Eval operators display wrong

ptc-2800860
1-Newbie

Mathcad 12 on XP Pro - All Eval operators display wrong

I have just installed Mathcad 12 on my Dell Inspiron 300m laptop, and all seems fine EXCEPT that none of the operators in the "Evaluation Operators" toolbar display correctly -- true if selected from the menu and if typed on the keyboard. What am I missing? . . . thanks. R. Mills
6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2800860)

OK. That's weird. This is a new one (which, given how long 12 has been around, is why one reason it's weird). Which version of 12 do you have installed, 12.0 (very buggy) or 12.1 (still not exactly a stellar version, but better than 12.0)? If it's 12.0, the first thing to do is download the service release and patch it to 12.1. Richard

You're probably missing the symbol font, which is used by Mathcad to display operators. That is a Windows font, and you should be able to reinstall it from your Windows installation directory.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomGutman)

I thought the icons on toolbars were bitmaps. No? Richard

I'm not sure how the tool bars themselves are constructed. I would expect them to use the same display as for the actual equations, but they could be separate bitmaps. But since the operators do not display properly when entered from the keyboard it is clear that the equations are not displaying properly, whether or not the toolbars themselves are displaying properly (not completely clear from the phrasing of the message). And loss of the symbol font seems fairly common.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomGutman)

"Tom Gutman" wrote:

But since the operators do not display properly when entered from the keyboard it is clear that the equations are not displaying properly, whether or not the toolbars themselves are displaying properly (not completely clear from the phrasing of the message). And loss of the symbol font seems fairly common.

I added the font, and all marches perfectly!!! Thanks, all!
Top Tags