cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 13 not installing on Vista

Dedge
1-Newbie

Mathcad 13 not installing on Vista

I have searched the forums and it appears all the other entries are about people now being able to run the application, I cannot get it that far.

The company I work for is just switching from XP to Vista and we have several users who have Mathcad 13. Now when I am trying to install it a message asks for an older version. This appears after entering the serial number we have for 13. We do have a copy of Mathcad 7. Problem is it doesnt seem to recognise the serial code we have for that nor if we install it will it recognise the installation on the C drive.

I phoned up the company who just flat said "Mathcad version 13 is no longer supported" and told me to go to the website so I thought I would post this up to get some help.

Any info or advice is much appreciated as it installs fine on XP.

Regards,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:Dedge)

Some users have had success installing on Vista machines, by ensuring that they are the administrator of the computer. Did you try that?

Mona

Dedge
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Yeah I was trying to install it with an Admin account.

Since I posted that I have found out they are purchasing Mathcad 14 so I guess this is no longer an issue.

Thanks for the reply though

mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:Dedge)

Mathcad 15 just released, so your company may want to upgrade to Mathcad 15 rather than Mathcad 14.

Mona

Top Tags