cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 14 and Windows 7 zoom/resolution settings

MikeMcDermott
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 and Windows 7 zoom/resolution settings

We have discovered that mathcad documents created with a different zoom/resolution setting than the settings on the computer that opens the document results in an unreadable mess. Sections, tables, objects overlap, etc. Is there any way around this?

Setting Screen Resolution:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution

Setting Zoom:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display

In order to affect zoom changes, you have to log off/on for them to take effect, making it cumbersome to read a document created on another computer.

4 REPLIES 4

Which variant of Mathcad are you using?

I don't seem to have that problem (I've upgraded my work monitors today, different size & higher resolution, and that doesn't seem to have caused any problems with M14).

Stuart

We are using Mathcad 14.0 M020 (14.0.2.5 [802141434]) with win7 64 bit professional.

I am only aware of problems with text regions. If the text is written with zoom 125% or greater and the text line fits the textbox exactly, it will result in a line break if viewed at 100% most of the times. This still happens in the current MC15. Only solution is to bear in mind to make the text regions a little bit wider than necessary.

I've seen that behavior before and this is way worse than that.

Top Tags