cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad 14 custom page size

cberceanu
2-Guest

Mathcad 14 custom page size

Hi

I would like to work on a page size of A2, but such an option is not available in the drop down list under File -> Page setup -> Paper size.

Alternatively, I see in that drop down list about 10 entries called "Custom Paper Size" but they are all set to 8.27x11369in (which means A4).

How can you change one of these Custom Paper sizes? Selecting the "Custom paper size..." option in that drop down box does not have an effect.

Regards,

Cristian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So the only solution will be to change temporarely the default printer in Windows to a printer which supports A2 (probably a pdf printer).

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Its a while ago I used Mathcad 14 but as far as I recall there was not much difference to Mathcad 15 in that respect.

When I open in Mathcad 15 the Page Setup the drop down for Size offers me a lot of different paper sizes, but

1) I could select A2, its available

2) I dont see any Custom Paper Size entries

3) I dont see what size the selected paper actually is set to 😞

10.12.png

Prime

print.png

Unfortunately, I have different options (A2 missing and a lot of Custom paper size entries):

Untitled.png

Sorry, my fault - I forgot about that completely:

You can only select a papersize which is available for the printer selected. So the list of available paper sizes you see in the drop down list depends on the selected printer. You can change the printer in the same Page Setup Box.

I have a pdf-printer as default and that way the list for available "paper" sizes is very long. You won't get the option for A2 paper if your printer/driver does not support it.

So select (install) a printer driver which supports A2 paper and you should be able to select that as your paper size.

Unfortunately :

1) I cannot find a way to change the printer from the Page Setup message box (see scrinshot in my previous post)

2) the only way I can change the printer is to access the Print menu (Ctrl+P), select a different printer and actually print something. If I do not print something with the new selection it does not remain selected once I leave the Print menu. Even so, the list of available papers in the Page Setup message box remains the same no matter what printer I select.

Anyway, thank you for your efforts.

I just tested it (again with Matchcad 15) and if I change the printer in the Print menu and cancel out it has no effect on the list of available papers.

But it works perfectly if I change the printer in the Page Setup message box at the lower right. An option which, as you wrote, is missing in your version (see below).

11.12.png

I never noticed that - I am using a German version but have set all (math and menu) to English. Consequently this message box is in English, too, but there is an exception: "Ränder" (=margins) is still in German. Funny!

1) I cannot find a way to change the printer from the Page Setup message box (see scrinshot in my previous post)

Don't see it as the vital part at the lower right is obscured by the paper size list.

Ah, then it must be a MAthcad 15 - Mathcad 14 difference. I do not have that button, see below:

Untitled.png

I use Mathcad 15 M020 Russian and have the same window:

Pic_1.png

Hmm, thats crazy. And as in the German version "margins" is not translated to English.

Werner,

What window appears after clicking on "Printer..."?

VladimirN. wrote:

Werner,

What window appears after clicking on "Printer..."?

A standard Windows Printer selection box. Maybe the diff is cause I am using Win XP?

13.12.png

So the only solution will be to change temporarely the default printer in Windows to a printer which supports A2 (probably a pdf printer).

It worked! Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Cristian

Top Tags